Toad in the hole
This classic dish has been veganised using Crack'd egg replacement and tasty moving mountain sausages.
Cooks 30 mins
- 60g Crackd The No-Egg Egg
- 130ml Vegan Milk
- 130ml Water
- 125g Plain Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Cream of Tartar
- ¼ tsp Ground Salt & Pepper
- Vegetable Fat or Oil
- 6 Moving Mountains Sausages
1. Pre heat oven to 240/220 fan degrees, gas mark 8.
2. In a bowl whisk Crackd The No-Egg Egg and vegan milk and water until frothy.
3. Sieve the flour, baking powder and cream of tartar into the liquid. Add the salt and whisk until smooth.
4. Put 3 ml of the vegetable fat or oil into 2 round shallow baking dishes (8 inch) with the sausages divided between the two trays
5. Place in the oven and leave for 3 minutes to get smoking hot.
6. Pour the batter into the trays until almost level with the tops of the sausages.
7. Place in the oven and cook for 20 minutes
8. For a crispier Yorkshire, turn the oven down to 180C / 160C fan / gas Mark 4. Brush the tops with a little oil and return to the oven for 10 more minutes.
Serve with lashings of vegan gravy.