The inspiration behind this spag-bol-able tempeh, the trusty spag bol itself. Delicious, nutritious and satisfying, this is an all round winner.
Cooks 30 mins
• 4 garlic cloves, crushed
• 1 small red onion, finely sliced
• 200g of carrots, finely sliced
• 200g of mushrooms, finely sliced
• 20ml of rapeseed oil
• 180g (1 pack) of Tempeh Mince
• 200g of your favourite tomato and basil pasta sauce (bought or made)
• 110g of spaghetti
• 50g vegan parmesan, grated
• 40g of basil, chopped
1. Prepare the garlic, red onion, carrots, mushrooms and basil.
2. In a frying pan, heat 10ml of the rapeseed oil for 1 minute.
Add in the garlic and red onions and cook them for 3 minutes.
3. Add in the carrots and mushrooms and cook them for
a further 7 minutes.
4. As these are cooking, in a large saucepan, heat another 10ml
of rapeseed oil for 1 minute. Then add in our Tempeh Mince
to this saucepan and mix frequently for about 5 minutes,
to ensure it doesn’t catch.
5. Reduce the heat, then add the garlic, onion, carrots and
mushrooms mixture to the tempeh, followed by the pasta
sauce, continuing to mix them together for 10 mins.
6. While mixing, start preparing the spaghetti. Once the
spaghetti is ready, serve it up on the plate, then top it with
some of the bolognese.
7. Top the bolognese with the vegan parmesan and chopped
basil. Serve up and enjoy!