Vegan Hangover Noodles
Vegan Hangover Noodles
God don’t hangovers just get worst the older you get! I used to think this was a myth, my response would be ‘’not me, I’m built differently… I can hack it’’. I actually necked a third of a pint of vodka once, bloody vodka… Let’s fast forward 12 years (I am now 30) and I had a shot of vodka a few weekends ago and it literally made me gag!
So yeah, I feel hangovers now and I feel them real good. So whilst I’m laying in bed, questioning my life and feeling like I’m the little spoon for the grim reaper himself, I turn to food to solve the ill feels. There is not much in this World that a good feed can’t solve.
There are two versions of my hungover noodles… the version where you have vegan eggs and meats in the fridge and the version where you have basically nothing in the fridge… let's face it, you’ve made some bad life choices, you’re hungover and I’m guessing your fridge is barer than a nuns lingerie draw…
Vegan Hungover Noodles (Basic B*tch version)
- Noodles (Instant, ramen, udon, rice, any type of noodle!)
- Garlic (obvs)
- Hash browns
- Soy sauce
- Spring onion
- Salt and pepper
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Put those hash browns in the oven!
- Make the noodles! This depends on the type of noodles you have but let’s assume they’re dry. Put those dried noodles in a pan and add boiling water, turn the heat up to medium, and let them simmer! Or add them to a microwave if they’re a packet batch, up to you!
- Get the frying pan out and add some oil to it, now add the garlic and peanuts and get them slightly golden/brown
- Throw in the noodles with some soy sauce, salt, and pepper and start tossing it all together
- Get the hash browns out of the oven and throw them into the noodles, breaking them up, mixing them up, and tossing them all together
- Take the noodles from the pan and into a bowl
- Chop up the spring onions and add them on top to garnish uncooked for an extra kick, you can also add hot sauce now if you wish
I imagine the number of hangovers will slightly increase now, due to dry January being over, so enjoy this sure-fire belly pleaser to guide you through even the grossest of hangovers.
P.s. If you do want to add some fake meaty goodness to your noodles then why not check out our Juicy Marbles Meat range!