Moreish Tempeh Masala
Don't be overwhelmed with the ingredients list, this curry is completely worth the effort. The title isn't misleading, it really is moreish!
Cooks 30 mins
• 180g (1 pack) of our Curry Tempeh Bites
• 180g basmati rice
• 1½ tablespoons coconut oil (or oil of your choice)
• ½ small onion, finely diced
• 3 garlic cloves, crushed
• 1cm ginger, crushed
• ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
• ½ teaspoon coriander powder
• ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
• ½ teaspoon garam masala
• 1 teaspoon dried fenugreek
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 red pepper, finely sliced
• 1 aubergine, sliced into chunks
• 1 courgette, sliced into chunks
• 2 carrots, sliced into chunks
• 400g (1 tin) chopped tomatoes
• 125ml coconut milk
• 1 bunch of coriander, to garnish
• 2 vegan naan breads, to serve
1. Cook your rice according to the instructions on the packet.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a large frying pan over
medium heat for 2 minutes.
3. Add the onion, garlic, ginger and cook for 3 minutes,
stirring regularly. Then add the spices and salt and cook
for 1 minute, stirring regularly.
4. Add the red pepper, aubergine, courgette and carrots to
the pan and cook for 3 minutes, stirring regularly.
5. Add in the chopped tomatoes and coconut milk, stirring
until the colour of the sauce is consistent. Bring the heat
down to low, cover the pan and leave the curry at a low
simmer for 15 minutes.
6. In a separate frying pan, heat the other ½ tablespoon of
coconut oil over medium heat for a minute, then add in our
Curry Tempeh Bites. Cook for 2-3 minutes, mixing regularly
to ensure they are evenly cooked. Once they are, add them
into the curry.
7. It’s ready! Add salt to taste, then garnish with fresh
coriander and serve with the rice and some delicious
vegan naan breads.
Leave a comment